Friday 16 July 2010

A Date with Destiny

So my eagerly awaited 12 week scan appointment has come through - Friday 13 August.

There must be some joke, surely? Who in their right minds decided that would be a good date to do a pre-natal scan on?? Good job I'm not overly superstitious.

Am I excited? You bet. It's the first time I will get to see the little person growing inside of me. The little person who is currently zapping my life force on a daily basis, making me feel like a zombie and playing havoc with my taste buds and sense of smell.

Am I scared? Absolutely shitless. What if we don't make it to Friday 13? That's a whole 4 weeks away yet, and even with my most optimistic hat on it's a terrifyingly long time to wait. Plus, the last scan I went to was not exactly the most joyous experience.

But hey ho, onwards we go. Now I just need the community midwife to make contact and arrange my booking in appointment, at which point I will do battle and begin my "I will be refusing induction at any cost" campaign. Wish me luck with that!

3 comments:

  1. Love the name of your blog! I shall enjoy reading your journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tou have a lovely writing style, hope all is well on the 13th x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure all will be well for you. I am looking forward to following your pregnancy! x

    ReplyDelete